Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Tuesday, October 17th

Sports Week Sucks!

first off it isn't really sports week but sports weeks. For a total of 3 weeks there are no classes in the afternoon while the students trudge down to the field to "practice" in the heat. Most of the kids end up just sitting there and complaining while a few run laps around the field. I sit in the staff room trying to think of things that I can do to fill the time. It will all be over Friday though and I'm looking forward too it.

Otherwise things are pretty normal here, no great adventures to relate, except maybe the ongoing saga of the break-in. Last week Winter, our police investigator, came up to the school to talk to Jessie Sue and I. He brought with him two other men who looked very official and were obviously his superiors in some way. He told us that someone had been trying to cash an American traveller's cheque at one of the informal money changers here. One of our friends at the bank had been asked about the cheque so we went down to ask him some questionas. He confirmed that it was one of my cheques (it was in my wallet that I got back). So we went back to the police station and sat there for 3 hours while we gave a new statement. Two days ago I saw winter in town and he strangely pulled me aside and conspiratorely asked me what I knew. I truthfully replied nothing and he told me he was very close. I couldn't tell if he was drunk or just nervous. Since then we have heard lots of rumours about my laptop being spotted in Brazil, and gangs of thugs in safe house, and raids, but so far nothing has come of it.

...to be continued

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I couldn't tell if he was drunk or just nervous."

Ha ha, this is the best crime ever.

5:47 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS too bad you don't have a yoga ball or you could play ultimate hack!!

5:48 p.m.  
Blogger sean said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:17 p.m.  
Blogger sean said...

You aren't wrong, it is hilariously funny. Winter is my favorite person ever. He is always overly dramatic just like in a bad tv drama. If only the whole thing was a buddy comedy starring two unlikely heroes. The confused white stranger and the enigmatic but alcoholic amerindian. At first we would hate each other, but then we would form and unbreakable bond when we finally brought the evil doers to justice.

4:59 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home