Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Wednesday, Oct 4th

It has been a while since I first updated and a fair amount has happened.

First things first, 2 weeks ago today my house was broken into. Jessie and I were home for lunch and left back to the school around 12:30. Jessie returned an hour later to use the washroom (the ones at school are scary) and noticed that her closet which is normally locked was open. She checked quickly, noticed the lock had been broken and rushed back to the school to tell me. I returned to the house to find my Laptop, hard drive wallet and about 150US dollars gone from my room. We told our head teacher and shortly the police and head of the school board were there to check out the place. The cops put on a big show of dusting for prints and checking the entry point. It turns out the thieves broke through the window and undid the bolts on the door (which has since been reinforced). Since the break-in there has been lots of supposed leads and people keep telling us we will get our stuff back. I would like to think so, but I still doubt it. Then, yesterday I was walking to the store and a girl stopped me and told me that she found wallet on the road. All of the ID and credit cards were still there but the money was gone. Weird...

I still have my camera and I can use the computers here in the cafe but it means that updates to this blog and my photos may become a little more spaced out. I was pretty choked at first but now I have a few weeks to mellow and things are returning to normal.

Last weekend we went to a village called Nappi for the end of Heritage Month. We were told to expect crafts like basket weaving and these models they make called Ballata as well as lots of traditional foods. I should have known that crafts and food means the making and drinking of alcohol. Not he most exciting day but the drive out was cool and I got to swim in a creek on the way home.

This week the Red Cross girls are out of town so Jessie Sue and I are house sitting for them. Which means we are down in Lethem more and that we have a TV with movies! It has been a nice break from being up at the school all of the time.

Also, I bought a bike finally and It is definitely nicer getting around on it rather than walking everywhere. Plus, biking home at night under the moonlight is damn awesome.

School continues and I have started to get into a bit of a routine, which is good. The next 3 weeks however are dedicated to sports so every afternoon classes are cancelled and the kids go down to the field to run around the track in the baking sun. Yesterday I went down to run with the kids to provide encouragement, other than a switch, and after 3 laps of the field I couldn't move anymore. I am part of a house though and their are teachers races so I better get into shape so I can win some points for my team.

That's all for now, hopefully pictures in the near future.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

But Sean, how are we going to have Mac dance parties now...that sucks about your computer, but life happens I guess. My school is going really well, you'd be surprised at how much I know now. Soon I'll be teaching you a thing or two. I use your pictures as inspriation. Miss you!

5:49 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww, i am sorry your computer is gone sean. sounds like things besides that are well. talk to you later.

7:44 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

anonymous means kara i messed up

7:44 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww man that sucks about the laptop! I will come down and form an elite crime fighting unit to crack this case.

What is the name of your House? Is it GRYFFINDOR??

11:31 p.m.  
Blogger sean said...

Our house is called Cassou, which is way better than Gryffindor.

2:51 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cassou? Psssshaw. You may as well be HUFFLEPUFF.

7:05 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sean nooooooooo!

I hope the insurance gods help out. and i'm glad to hear you got your wallet back. yes, you were sorely missed last night, but i'm never around for your bday so i won't hold it against you this time. we were aleady planning out cabin trip '07.

i still plan on writing you a real email soon. but my video card finally died, and i haven't bought a new one yet.

3:34 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home